Following are the prerequisites required to be set to open the exported file in proper manner.
1. Go to Windows Explorer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click on the File Types tab.
3. From the Registered file types list box, select the XLS extension and then click Advanced.
4. In the Edit File Type dialog box, set the Confirm open after download to be selected.
5. Make sure the Browse in same window option is not selected and then click OK.
6. Similarly follow steps from 2 to 5 for XML,POS,CSV and TXT extensions.